William Henry Emerson Professor of Chemistry
Director of the Cherry L. Emerson Center for Scientific Computation, Emory University
Research Leader, Fukui Memorial Research Group, Fukui Institute for Fundamental Chemistry, Kyoto University
Ph.D., Kyoto University
Post Doc with Martin Karplus at Columbia and Harvard
Founding Director of the Institute of Molecular Science (IMS) in Okazaki, Japan in 1977
Director of IMS, 1977-1992
Contributions to Gaussian: ONIOM facility; ECP enhancements.
- Development of Theoretical Methods for Study of Potential Energy Surfaces
- Computational Studies of the Mechanism and Dynamics of Gas-phase Ion-Molecule and Photochemical Reaction
- Mechanisms of Gas Phase Elementary Reactions in Combustion
- Mechanisms of Organo Transition Metallic Reactions and Homogeneous Catalytic Cycles
- S. Dapprich, I. Komaromi, K.S. Byun, K. Morokuma and M.J. Frisch. “A New ONIOM Implementation in Gaussian 98. Part I. The Calculation of Energies, Gradients, Vibrational Frequencies and Electric Field Derivatives.” J. Mol. Str. (Theochem), 461-462 (1999)1.
- Q. Cui, D.G. Musaev, K. Morokuma. “Molecular Orbital Study of H2 and CH4 Activation on Small Metal Clusters. II. Pd3 and Pt3.” J. Phys. Chem., 102(1998) 6373.
- R.D.J. Froese, D.G. Musaev, K. Morokuma. “A Theoretical Study of Substituent Effects in the Diimine-M(II) Catalyzed Ethylene Polymerization Reaction Using the IMOMM Method.” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 120 (1998) 1581.
- Q. Cui and K. Morokuma. “Ab initio MO Studies on the Photodissociation of C2H2 from the S1 (1Au) State. II. Mechanism Involving Triplet States.” Chem. Phys. Lett., 272(1997) 319.
- K. Morokuma. J. Comp. Chem., 16 (1995) 1170.
Last update: 10 August 2016