Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice
Gaussian, Inc., in collaboration with SCUBE Scientific Software Solutions, is pleased to announce that the workshop “Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice” will be held in Hyderabad, India at the The Park HYDERABAD from January 20-24, 2020. Researchers at all levels from academic and industrial sectors are welcome.
The workshop will cover the full range of methods available in the Gaussian 16 package with emphasis on new methods and features which make Gaussian 16 applicable to an ever widening spectrum of research applications. The workshop is structured to provide an introduction to electronic structure theory as well as a hands-on review for researchers active in the field, and will focus on methods for computing energies, exploring energy landscapes, studying molecular properties, and practical user considerations.
Registration will be handled locally for this workshop. Registration forms and payment must be sent to:
SCUBE Scientific Software Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Flat 1217, 12th floor, Hemkunt Chambers,
89, Nehru Place,
New Delhi-110019 INDIA
Telephone: 91-11-4650758 or 91-11-41618829
The number of participants will be limited. Registration is expected to fill and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration Deadline: Registration materials and the registration fee must be received by December 20, 2019. Please complete and return the registration form to SCUBE Scientific Software Solutions Pvt Ltd..
- Dr. Douglas Fox (Gaussian, Inc.)
- Prof. Michael Bearpark (NSCCS/Imperial College London)
- Prof. Edward Brothers (Texas A&M University, Qatar)
- Dr. Jayashree Nagesh (Ramanujan Faculty Fellow, Indian Institute of Science)
Instructors subject to change without notice.
Outline of Workshop Topics:
- Independent Particle Models
- SCF Convergence and Stability
- Electron Correlation Methods
- Model Chemistry
- Compound Model Chemistries
- Using ONIOM
- Periodic Boundary Conditions
Explore Energy Landscapes
- Geometry Optimization I: Minimization
- Geometry Optimization II: Transition structure optimization
- Reaction Path Following and Dynamics
Study Molecular Properties
- Wavefunction and Orbital Analysis
- Vibrational Spectroscopy
- NMR and Magnetic Properties
- Chiro-Optical Spectroscopy
- Optical and UV Spectra
- Basics of Running Gaussian Calculations
- Output Files
- Anatomy of a Gaussian Input File
- Gaussian Utility Programs
- Computational Considerations
- DFT Geometries and Frequencies
- Summary of Standard Methods
There will be hands-on sessions each day. Workshop participants will be provided with the use of a workstation to complete exercises, experiment, and/or conduct short research topics. The GaussView user interface will be used to perform visualization of results and to facilitate calculation setup. Each workshop participant will be provided a copy of the lecture notes and a copy of Exploring Chemistry with Electronic Structure Methods, 3rd Edition.
Poster Session: There will be a poster session for workshop participants. If you would like to present a poster, indicate this on your registration form. Feel free to present work-in-progress in order to facilitate conversation with instructors and other attendees.
Cost (in rupees): Academic faculty/staff: INR 16,000 +18% GST per person; Student/Postdoc: INR 13,000 +18% GST per person; Commercial/Government: INR 21,500 +18% GST per person.
Accommodations: Participants must arrange for their own hotel accommodations (costs will be the responsibility of each participant).
Last update: 22 July 2019